Thursday, February 3, 2011

The weather is getting warm again.

It started on Monday and each day it is getting warmer.  It was 70 degrees in San Carlos this afternoon at 3 PM.  Tomorrow should be warmer still.  On the way home from my ride yesterday the bearings in my left peddle failed so today I had new peddles installed.  They sure do not make peddles the way they used to.  The last peddles lasted 26 years, if the new ones last three I will be very surprised.  I like the design of the new peddles and they are very light weight, we will just have to see.  So over time I have replaced, seat, bottom bracket bearings, wheels, peddles.  General maintenance have replaced tires, tubes (more than I like), break pads, water bottle brackets, water bottles, toe clips.  I guess that is not to bad for a bicycle that was built in 1984.

Morning on the trail

Not in bad shape for 60 I guess

No comments: