Friday, July 29, 2011

Alameda Creek Trail

As I said I have been riding a different set of trails just for a change of pace.  Today I followed Maple Street in Redwood City east past Kaiser Hospital and the Police Station then turned south on Blomquist Street, Blomquist becomes East Bayshore Road when you cross Seaport Blvd.  At Marsh Road East Bayshore becomes Bayfront Expressway with a bicycle trail on the east side. This trail crosses The Dumbarton Bridge and on the east side of the bay enters the Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge.  From the fishing pier at the bridge to Paseo  Padre Parkway the road is called Marshlands Road (but you will never see a sign).  Head north on Paseo Padre Parkway to Ardenwood Blvd and continue north to bridge over Alameda Creek (if you reach Lowry Road you have gone to far)  The trail on north side of creek is dirt and although great on a mountain bike road bikes should stick to the paved trail on the south side of creek.  Alameda Creek Trail will take you from the edge of the bay to the Niles District of Fremont. There are several off shoots from the north trail the I will have to take some day just to see where I end up.  Round trip is about 48 miles because of other demands on my time I have been forced to turn around at Rainbow Lake (Isherwood Way in Fremont).  I wish I could just stay out on the road for two or three days just to see how far I could get.

Trail on north side of Alameda Creek going west toward Bay

Paved Trail on South Side of Alameda Creek

Alameda Creek looking south-east from Isherwood Way Bridge

No comments: