Saturday, September 10, 2011

Silly Weather Report

The weather report from the national weather service said the wind would be out of the SSW at 10 to 15 miles an hour.  So I adjusted my route so that I would have a tail wind, however the wind all morning was from the NE so I spent the first half of my ride riding into a head wind.  When I turned around to head home so did the wind so all afternoon I was riding into a head wind.  Oh well, can not have a tail wind every day.  It reminds me of when I was younger and doing yard work around the town house Sue and I owned in Fremont. There would be no wind while I was mowing the lawn or trimming the bushes however the minute I picked up a broom the wind would blow counter to the direction I wanted to sweep in.  Life is full of little mysteries like that.  Saw something funny near Bear Island in Redwood City.  There was a family out for a bicycle ride and the little girl who was about 6 or 7 years old was looking at all the heavy equipment working there.  She looked at her father and said "Daddy what are all those dumb trucks doing out there?"  Her father said "Don't you mean dump trucks?"  She replied "That's what I said, dumb trucks!!"

No comments: