Sunday, April 3, 2011

The weather is somewhat better.

I was only able to ride sixteen days during the month of March.  However I did manage to ride 650 miles total for the month, which met my new years goal of 600 miles in March.  So far this year I have ridden 2,193.32 miles if I continue at this rate I will have between 8,000 and 9,000 miles for the year.  I will have to start increasing either the distance I ride or the number of days I ride each month because I would like to have another 10,000 mile year.  I saw Rebecca and Jane twice last week at Boardsports School at Coyote Point.  They where getting ready for the upcoming windsurfing and kite boarding season.  I missed both of them over the winter.  During some of the down time last month I updated my drivers license and ordered some custom breaks for the mountain bike, because if its age I have to special order or have newer parts modified.  Its a pain in the ass, but I really do not want to try to duplicate the old bike.   Hope I can save enough money so that I can get new front and rear derailers before summer.  After the update to the breaks and derailers I should not need any additional parts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally the rain gave a break :)
Here is starting to warm up however the winds have been a little hard lately. I hopefully soon I can start hiking!